Who is Brook Maier?
Who Am I?
Adventurer. Nature Lover. SEO Geekette. Digital Marketing Artist. Web Data Scientist. Producer of Ideas. Curious Mind. Student for Life.
What makes me happy?
- Exploring the outdoors through travel and outdoor recreation
- Connecting with nature and the environment
- People, community, friends and family
- Web, marketing, science and life talk
- Good conversation
- Delicious cup of coffee
- My dog
- Photography and video
- Thinking differently and coming up with new ideas
- Simple living
- Helping others and giving back when I can
- Went to college in Mankato, MN, and graduated with a Marketing Degree in 2012.
- Started classes with Google for SEO in 2012 at the age of 22.
- While self-learning with Google, I worked full-time as a Traveling Project Coordinator and Footwear Supervisor at Dick's Sporting Goods in Woodbury, MN.
- Hired by the Conservation Corps of MN & IA and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, State Parks and Trails Division, as a Web Specialist in January, 2013 until January, 2015.
- Awarded the Minnesota Northern Lights Government Innovation Award in 2014 with the collaboration of MN DNR staff for the new website application, ParkFinder.
- Marketing Director at Twin City Tees from January 2015 to June 2016, bringing the shop to see it's best year yet of the 11 years it has been in business.
- Independent SEO and Digital Marketing Consultant for the State of Minnesota in early 2015 and have been working with various Divisions at the MN DNR and other clients since (2015-2018).
- Nominated Chair of the Parks and Trails Legacy Advisory Committee in February 2017, member of committee since February 2014.
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS I'VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY
- Process Analysis
- Policy Analysis
- Photography + Video + Editing
- Creation of Infographics
- Email Campaigns
- Event Planning + Marketing
- Volunteer Management
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking + Presentations
- Development of Training Guides/Tools
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Analytics + Other We Data Tools (Data Analysis)
- Social Media/Digital Marketing (Content Marketing)
- Communication Processes
- User Experience (UX design)
- Social Psychology
- Development of Marketing/Outreach Plans
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Accessibility Requirements (Section 508)
- Adobe Illustrator
Find out more specific details on my LinkedIn Profile.